Vegan Coconut Macaroons for Dessert
· 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
· 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
· 1/3 cup maple syrup
· ½ cup flour
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· Pinch of salt
· Your choice of chocolate (dark chocolate/vegan chocolate or if
nonvegan, semisweet chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use
2. In a mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients except for the chocolate.
3. Using a rounded tablespoon, scoop and pack the tablespoon with the mixture.
It’s important to pack it to maintain shape while baking. Place
1 inch apart on baking sheet.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, rotating pan halfway through for
5. Take out to cool. While macaroons are cooling, melt chocolate. Melt
over low heat on stove while stirring constantly, or microwave until melted,
checking and stirring every 30 seconds.
6. Dip the bottoms of the macaroons into the chocolate, and drizzle leftover
chocolate on top. Refrigerate 7-10 minutes or until set.