Heart & Vascular Services
Promoting Healthy Hearts for Happier Lives in Shelbyville
Your body’s vascular system is comprised of a complex array of arteries, veins, lymph vessels, and lymph nodes, all of which contribute to moving blood and removing damaged cells. If any part of this network becomes dysfunctional or succumbs to disease, your vascular system can be damaged. Vascular disease can prevent your tissues from receiving enough blood, which poses a serious threat to your health.
- Some of the vascular diseases and conditions we can treat include:
- Heart attacks
- Blood clotting disorders
- Varicose veins
- Ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes
- Heart valve disease
- Atherosclerosis, peripheral artery disease, and other artery conditions
In general, vascular diseases are generally caused by inflammation of veins and arteries and build-up in blood vessels. Many people do not notice any symptoms of vascular diseases until build-up and inflammation get so bad that blood flow and muscles are affected.
- You may be more at risk for vascular disease if you:
- Are overweight
- Have diabetes
- Have high blood pressure
- Do not eat a healthy diet
- Have high cholesterol
- Have a family history of vascular disease
- Do not get enough exercise
If our team has diagnosed you with a vascular disease, count on us to treat your condition and improve the functions of your vascular system. Alongside lifestyle changes like managing stress, eating healthier, and exercising frequently, medications and surgery can make a lasting impact on your health.