About Major Health Partners
Providing Friendly, Patient-Centered Healthcare in Shelbyville
Major Health Partners is a leading healthcare provider for patients, not only in Shelby County, Indiana but also from the southeastern part of the state. Since 1924, Major Health Partners has grown to offer a wide spectrum of services, leading the region in many areas of healthcare delivery. We provide quality care through our unique combination of state-of-the-art technology, modern facilities, and personal service. We give you all of the advantages found at large urban hospitals, combined with genuine personal service.
- The Major Difference
- Served as one of the first hospitals in Indiana to implement a complete electronic medical record for its patients
- Recognized as “INspire: Hospital of Distinction” by Indiana Hospital Association (IHA) for the third consecutive year.
- Received the American Heart Association’s Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol™ Gold award for the second consecutive year.
- Accredited in Quality and Safety by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) in 2023
- Secured a national reputation as one of the nation’s leading hospitals in health informatics and patient satisfaction
- Awarded the Top 100 Hospitals by The Chartis Group in 2023
All MHP Physicians are Board Certified or Board Eligible. This unusually high level of achievement promises that you will receive expert care from our full line-up of excellent Primary Care and Specialty Care Physicians. When choosing an MHP physician, you can be confident that you will receive quality care from quality people.
Major Health Partners exists to create and deliver superior health care solutions by providing our patients and other customers with optimal clinical and economic outcomes.
We will attain these goals by combining the following attributes:
- Attracting and retaining a professional, adaptable, caring staff dedicated to lifelong learning using a continuous quality improvement process. Our staff will be measured and rewarded using these same principles.
- Combining innovation, existing clinical technologies, disease prevention, management, and information technologies to meet customer needs.
- As a public entity, we must make the best use of our financial and human resources so we can care for patients without regard for their ability to pay. We must also function as the community’s leader in upgrading the level of health and wellness in the community."
Why Choose MHP - Dr. Melanie Stevens
Why Choose MHP - Anna Comstock, NP
Major Health Partners is proud to be a partner of Suburban Health Organization (SHO).
Suburban Health Organization is comprised of twelve community-based Indiana hospitals working together to improve access to the highest quality healthcare possible. Incorporated in 1994, SHO serves its owners by providing a collaborative forum to facilitate desired integrations and outcomes, while allowing care to remain local and preserving deep-rooted ties to hospital communities. For more than 25 years, this synergetic group has created value by forming shared services, leveraging combined purchasing power, sharing best practices, and founding innovative solutions to some of healthcare’s biggest challenges. Through partnership, we are ensuring that vital, independent community health systems continue to thrive. Together, we are creating healthier communities.
Additional partners include Goshen Health, Hancock Health, Hendricks Regional Health, Henry Community Health, Johnson Memorial Health, Logansport Memorial Hospital, Margaret Mary Health, Marion General Hospital, Riverview Health, Rush Memorial Hospital, and Witham Health Services. These hospitals regularly collaborate with the following tertiary systems for patient care and community-based health initiatives: Ascension St. Vincent, Community Health Network, Franciscan Health, and Indiana University Health.
Learn more about how we are building Strength Through Partnership at www.suburbanhealth.com.
THE COMMON GOAL OF REMAINING INDEPENDENT AND MOVING HEALTHCARE FORWARD IN OUR COMMUNITIES IS AT THE HEART OF EVERYTHING SHO DOES
Why Does Hospital Independence Matter?
An independent hospital is a vital part of a community. When decisions are made within the walls of an organization, employees and patients benefit. Independence also fosters more personal relationships with patients and their families, along with a better understanding of community needs.
SHO recognizes the importance of hospital independence and provides:
- Economies of scale without mandates of a large system
- Benefits of collective stability while allowing care to remain local and preserving deep-rooted ties to hospital communities