Improving Hearing & Balance in Patients of All Ages
Audiology is the science of hearing. The clinical audiologists at Major Health Partners are healthcare professionals who handle hearing and balance problems in patients of all ages. We offer a wide range of audiology services to assess, treat, and improve your condition.
- Our services include:
- Measuring and evaluating your hearing ability
- Testing for middle ear disease
- Treating people with balance problems
- Fitting hearing aids
Our audiologists are specially trained and have years of experience in the field. We understand that hearing and balance issues can be incredibly detrimental to your overall health and quality of life and that they can lead to further complications. With our help, you will better understand your condition and how to treat it.
When measuring your hearing ability, we will likely map out test results on an audiogram. Audiograms are graphs that show the softest sounds you can hear at various frequencies and pitches and provide detail about which ears respond to which sounds. This data can be used to track hearing loss and help us develop an appropriate plan for treatment.
The audiologists at Major Health Partners can also provide guidance for you and your family on the following:
- Whether hearing loss is affecting a child's ability to speak and learn
- Causes of hearing loss
- Rehabilitation related to the ear and hearing
- The use of hearing aids
- Lip reading and sign language techniques
When treating patients, our audiologists often work closely with ear, nose and throat physicians, as well as speech and language pathologists to provide comprehensive solutions for you or your child’s hearing or balance problems.
- Audiology services at Major Health Partners are provided by Cynthia L. Butler, Au.D., CCC-A with Whisper Hearing Centers.
- Please call 317.865.2337
Whisper Hearing Center
2451 Intelliplex Drive | Suite 250 | Shelbyville, IN 46176