Comprehensive Nutritional Assessments in Shelbyville
The Nutrition Services department staff monitors our inpatients’
nutritional status and works closely with the entire health care team
to provide the best possible care. Comprehensive nutrition screening and
assessments are provided to enhance our quality of care for you. Nutrition
services staff also assists patients with daily menu selections and offer
Because a balanced diet is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, MHP
Major Hospital also offers outpatient individualized nutrition counseling
by a registered dietitian.
Personalized medical nutrition therapy services include:
- Diabetes meal planning
- Weight management
- Heart-healthy nutrition and meal planning
- Renal nutrition therapy
Other services provided:
- Non-surgical weight management
- Surgical weight management
- Lifesteps LIfestyle Change Program
- Healthy Living, Healthy YOU class
- Assist with behavior modification
- Personalized meal plans
Note: A physician referral is required for nutritional counseling. There is
a fee for consultation. Charges can be filed with your insurance company.
- Interested in learning additional information on our nutrition services?