Blood Disorder Treatment in Shelbyville
Professional Care from Trusted Hematologists
A problem with your blood could indicate a more serious medical issue. It is important to ensure your blood is functioning properly to maintain your overall health and well-being.
The study of blood and its disorders is called hematology. The hematologists at MHP Oncology & Hematology are specially trained doctors who analyze the components in your blood cells to better understand your health. Our clinic is a physician directed, nurse managed service. The tests we run can help diagnose a number of diseases.
MHP treats patients with a wide variety of hematologic conditions such as:
- Anemia and other red blood cell disorders such as iron deficiency anemia, anemia of chronic disease, vitamin B12 deficiency, sickle cell anemia, and thalassemia
- Thrombosis and other coagulation disorders
- White blood cell disorders such as neutropenia (low white cell count) and leukocytosis (high white cell count)
- Platelet disorders such as ITP, TTP, and essential thrombocythemia
- Myeloproliferative disorders wherein too many blood cells are produced in the bone marrow, including polycythemia vera, thrombocythemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia, and primary myelofibrosis
- Bone marrow failure disorders such as aplastic anemia, myelodysplasia, and paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria
- Iron metabolism disorders such as hemochromatosis and porphyria
- Plasma cells and antibody production disorders including benign monoclonal gammopathy, cryoglobulinemia, amyloidosis, and multiple myeloma.
Treatments or infusions that we prescribe to treat your condition are performed by our experienced and highly trained nursing staff. Plus, in addition to diagnosing and treating blood disorders, we can help patients manage their anticoagulant medications.