Inpatient & Outpatient Pediatric Care in Shelbyville
We know that you want the best medical care for your child. At Major Health Partners, we go above and beyond to provide children with high-quality treatment and care. We know what a stressful and frightening time this can be for you and your child. Our compassionate team does everything possible to help kids feel more at ease and answer any of your questions so you can know exactly what’s going on.
At Major Health Partners, we offer both inpatient and outpatient pediatric services for your convenience.
- Inpatient Pediatric Services - Our inpatient pediatric services are offered at MHP Major Hospital for young patients that require more advanced medical care or an overnight stay. We aim to make our pediatric patients and parents as comfortable as possible during an extended stay.
- Outpatient Pediatric Services - Our walk-in clinic is open for current patients to treat conditions that do not require an overnight stay or extensive medical treatment. Learn more about the available services offered at our Walk-in Clinic.
Familial support plays an important role in the healing process. We encourage parents to take an active role in their child’s care.
Preparing Your Child for the Hospital
Going to the hospital can be scary for children, especially if they have a hard time understanding why they are there. It is important to take the time and explain that the hospital doctors are there to help them feel better. Be as honest and positive as you can, and let them know that there is nothing to be afraid of.
You can help your child feel more at ease by bringing some things that help them feel connected to home, such as:
- A favorite stuffed animal or blanket
- Books and games
- Handheld electronic games
- A bathrobe and slippers to wear over hospital pajamas
Visiting Policy for Parents & Family
Visiting rules are a little different for the family of pediatric patients. Parents are free to visit children at any time, and we encourage one parent to remain overnight. We provide guest trays with every meal for parents as well as a pullout bed. We will also provide you with educational material related to your child’s illness.
Brothers and sisters can visit between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. and must be accompanied by a parent at all times. Parents will need to complete a sibling health screening visit before they can visit. Other guests can visit between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m., though some restrictions may apply for safety reasons. Visitors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all time. Guests under the age of 12, excluding siblings, are restricted to the hospital lobby and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Learn more about our pediatric inpatient and outpatient care policies.
- Call us 317.392.3211