Thursday, March 26, 2020
Gov. Holcomb Signs Executive Order in Fight Against COVID-19
INDIANAPOLIS — Governor Eric J. Holcomb today signed a new executive
order in a continuing effort to slow the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Click here to see the executive order:
Gov. Holcomb outlined these new additional efforts in the executive order:
· The Department of Workforce Development (DWD) has suspended the
one-week waiting period that is required before paying unemployment benefits
to allow claimants to receive their checks more quickly. The suspension
is retroactive to March 8, 2020.
· Hoosiers with chronic health issues will be able to receive a
90-day supply of their non-controlled prescription medication, such as
insulin or cholesterol medications.
· Medicaid recipients can use their benefits to cover costs of using
alternate forms of transportation, such as ride-sharing services, for
appointments to see their healthcare providers.
· The Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) has additional
funding flexibility to allow for additional home delivery of meals.
· The Department of Local Government Finance (DLGF) has extended
deadlines related to local government finances.
Click here to download public service announcements (PSAs) recorded by
the state for your use:
More information may be found at the ISDH website at
coronavirus.in.gov and the CDC website at