UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
- MHP Staffing: We have had 50 employees test positive since March. Currently, we have 24 MHP employees off work. 3 employees returned to work today, but 5 new cases were added since Thursday. We anticipate staffing could potentially become a critical issue, especially in certain departments if volumes continue at this pace.
- Shelby County: The 7-day positivity rate is over 14.29%, which is the highest of any surrounding counties around Marion County. Our death rate is the highest of any of the surrounding counties as well. We believe this is due in large part to our two nursing home outbreaks. The hospitalization rate at MHP is lower (i.e. better) than what it was in March-May.
- Priority Care: We saw 40 patients over the weekend per day and 40 patients so far today at 2 p.m.
- Covid result turnaround times: The state lab for Covid results is taking as few as 4 days, but as many as 10 days at other times. We are exploring other lab options, but this is a limiting factor currently.
- Supplies: Overall, our supplies are sufficient. We have no critical shortages at this time.
Screening: We are not currently conducting screenings at the main public entrances.
However, we are screening visitors as they arrive at various hospital
departments (surgery, ACC, OB, and ER). All visitors must answer both
screening questions below with negative answers.
- Have you developed a new-onset cough or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting, headache, fever, or loss of taste or smell within the last 14 days?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19, or been in close contact with someone who has been tested, in the last 14 days?
- All visitors must wear masks. A complimentary mask will be provided upon entry if needed. Please also follow social distancing and hand sanitizing guidelines
Visitation Restrictions for Patients age 18 and older:
Visitor restrictions vary by department. See the list below:
- Inpatient/ACC: Patients may have two designated visitors from 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Emergency Dept: No visitors allowed (except for pediatric and altered mental status patients, both of which may have one designated visitor).
- Imaging/Surgery/Lab: Patients may have one designated visitor.
- Physician offices: Patients may have one designated visitor.
- Maternity Care/OB: Patients may have one designated visitor (no limitation on visiting hours).
- Pediatric Patients: Patients may have two designated visitors.
- Clergy/Priests: Priests and clergy persons are permitted to visit patients upon request.
These restrictions are subject to change.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
Number of NEW positive results: 66 new positive cases since 11/6/2020
- Out of the 66 new positive cases, 12 patients required inpatient care and 54 remained outpatient.
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 28 and 8 of those patients are in the Critical Care
- Number of available 3rd floor beds: 12
- Currently, we have 18 inpatients that tested positive
- Number of inpatients in the 1st floor ACC unit: 5 with 17 beds available and none of these are patients that have positive or suspected COVID.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of total ER patients in last 24 hours: 70. We have 20 patients right now, which is busy for us.
Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 3 ventilators in use and 3 BiPAP in use, 0 trilogy units are in use. This leaves us with 14 ventilation units available. The number of available vents is more than sufficient at this time based on the acuity of our patients and the number of inpatients. Our availability of ventilation units not a concern at this time.