MHP COVID-19 Daily Update
March 29, 2020
NEW SERVICE: MHP has launched a virtual clinic staffed with dedicated MHP providers.
Get the care, treatment or medical advice you need from the comfort of
your home using your computer or phone. This service allows patients to
seek medical advice from anywhere in the U.S, potentially eliminating
the need to visit physician offices, urgent cares, or emergency departments.
The MHP Virtual Clinic is staffed Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
to sign up now.
GENERAL UPDATES FOR THE PUBLIC:
The CDC has issued a Health Advisory for Severe Illness Associated with Using
Non-Pharmaceutical Chloroquine Phosphate to Prevent and Treat Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). To read the
- Beginning 3/30, MHP will have a dedicated Nurse Practitioner rounding daily
in the local nursing homes in order to ensure we are closely monitoring
and following any patients that could have COVID-19.
Critical shortage items: small-sized N95 masks and D-batteries.
Do you have items you would like to donate? (hand sanitizer, masks, respirators,
gloves, N95, D-batteries, gowns or food for our staff). If so, please
contact Angela Gill (email@example.com)
PATIENTS TREATED AT OUR RESPIRATORY CLINIC LOCATIONS:
- Priority Care located at 30 W. Rampart Road: Treated 26 patients on 3/27
with respiratory symptoms. Priority Care is open 7AM-7PM Monday through
Friday and 8AM-2PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Washington St. Clinic located at 157 W. Washington St.: Treated 17 patients
on 3/27 with respiratory symptoms. The Washington St. Clinic is open 8AM
to 4:30PM Monday through Friday and is not open on weekends.
VIDEO VISITS AND TELEHEALTH:
Beginning 3/19 through 3/27, we have conducted 186 telehealth visits. You
can conduct your telehealth visit today at
- 127 telehealth visits have been performed through MHP Family & Internal
Medicine and we have also rolled out home-visits for certain patients.
- MHP Psychology has performed 7 telehealth visits
- Our Washington St. Clinic performed its first telehealth visit on 3/27
- MHP Pulmonology, MHP Nephrology and MHP Wound Care will have the ability
to begin scheduling telehealth visits for certain patients beginning next week
- OnsiteSolutions and MHP SportWorks will be the next sites to implement
WANT TO CHECK IN WITH A LOVED ONE AT THE MHP MEDICAL CENTER ?
Managing visitation: Indiana hospitals are strictly enforcing visitation
rules. We are following the same policies. However, MHP understands you
still need to see and hear your loved one.
That’s why we have initiated using FaceTime or Skype connectivity
for patients and their family members. We have dedicated iPads our patients can use to communicate with the
outside world using our dedicated Wi-Fi access. The inpatient nursing
staff is also offering family members a phone number to call in for daily
updates and offering to make daily calls to the patient’s family
Visitors are prohibited with the following exceptions:
- One designated at end of life with appropriate screening
- One designated for laboring patient with appropriate screening
- One designated for pediatric patient with appropriate screening
- One designated for surgery patient with appropriate screening
If a visitor is permitted, the visitor must remain in the patient’s
room and cannot come and go from the patient’s room. We are doing
this to protect our other high-risk patients and our staff. The visitor
not have a positive or pending COVID-19 test.
MHP TESTING STATUS: Please understand we are only able to report numbers and results of MHP
patients who had their testing ordered or performed through MHP. The Shelby
County Health Department receives the positive results for ALL Shelby
County residents, regardless of the location where the testing was performed.
If the COVID-19 test was not ordered or performed by MHP, we are not notified
of the test or the result. Consequently, our reported testing data will
differ from that information available through the Indiana State Department
of Health, the CDC and the Shelby County Health Department.
Number of available swabs/media: 54, and we are expecting delivery of an
additional 300 on or about April 7th. We have placed an order for an additional 500 test kits. Delivery date
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
- Current number of inpatients: 22 (7 of the inpatients tested positive for
COVID-19 and we have 6 pending results on other inpatients)
- Current number of patients in isolation: 22 (1 patient is on a vent and
1 is on BiPap)
- Number of available beds: 18
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of ER patients in last 24 hours: 28
- Number of ER patients with respiratory signs/symptoms: 8 (representing 28.57%)
- 5 patients are in the ACC with 17 available beds and zero ACC patients
have respiratory symptoms
- Indiana State Dept of Health Call Center for Healthcare workers and the
general public (staffed 8AM-8PM) (317) 233-7125. Please call (317) 233-1325
- For the Shelby County Health Department, please call (317) 392-6470.