Alfredo sauce gets a makeover with cauliflower and Greek yogurt in this
recipe that works as a snack or lunch.
Watch how they're made.
6 100-percent whole-wheat mini-bagels
3 cups (3 ounces) fresh cauliflower florets
¼ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange bagel halves, insides facing
up on sheet.
- Steam cauliflower for 3 minutes in large microwave safe bowl.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a blender. Add yogurt, salt, garlic, and
¼ cup mozzarella. Puree until smooth.
- Spread cauliflower-yogurt Alfredo sauce evenly on bagels. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes until tops are golden. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes
Serving size: 2 bagel halves (88 grams)
Calories: 229; Total fat: 8g; Saturated fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 22mg; Sodium:
505mg; Total carbohydrate: 28g; Dietary fiber: 4g; Sugars: 5g; Protein 15g