4 servings eaten over 1 breakfast
This another easy, healthy homemade meal for everyone to enjoy together
over a leisurely Sunday breakfast. While avocados can sometimes be on
the pricey side, you don’t need a lot to add a creamy topping to
crispy toast. We love that eggs are affordable and healthy, which is why
they seem like the perfect protein accompaniment to round out this meal.
- Garlic cloves, minced - 2
- Avocados, large - 2 (or 3 medium-sized ones)
- Lemons juice of - 1/2
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Eggs - 6
- Milk - 2 Tbsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Whole wheat bread - 4 slices
- Tomatoes, chopped or sliced - 1
EXTRAS AND SWAPS
Add dairy | If you love cheese, add a slice of cheese on top of avocado and put under
a broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until melty and bubbly.
Make it Latin | Swap out tortillas for the bread. Toast tortillas in the oven, just like
you did with bread but for a shorter time. Layer with black beans mixed
with cumin, eggs, and avocado mash. Feel free to add some sour cream too!
- Mince garlic, and place into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Scoop avocado
into bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil, and a good sprinkle of salt and
pepper. Mash with a fork until you get the consistency you want.
- Whisk eggs with milk and some salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add butter. Once butter is melted,
add eggs and let sit for 30 seconds to 1 minute before stirring with spatula.
Continue stirring until you get the consistency you want. Transfer to
a bowl so they don’t continue to cook.
- Toast bread in a toaster or toast using the broiler in your oven. If using
your oven, adjust top rack so it’s as close to the broiler as possible.
Place bread onto a sheet pan and broil 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until
you get the golden color you want.
- Spread avocado mash onto warm toast and enjoy with scrambled eggs on the
side. Top avocado with chopped or sliced tomatoes.