MHP COVID-19 Update | 6/8/2020
Major Health Partners
UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
MHP Foundation: Want to help? Monetary gifts are greatly accepted. Gifts can be made
https://www.mymhp.org/gift or by contacting Angela Gill at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Your gift may be used to purchase personal protection equipment, disinfecting
supplies, testing/medical supplies, meals and other support for staff,
assistance for patients with unmet Covid-19 related needs, and more.
Visitation restrictions: Effective June 8th, visitation restrictions are easing in some areas, but all visitors and patients
must be masked and screened upon entrance. It is recommended visitors and patients
also wear eye protection at all times while inside the building, but eye
protection will not be provided.
Inpatient visitation: Hospitalized patients may now have
one designated visitor who will be permitted to visit. Again, this must be
a single individual chosen by the patient or designated healthcare representative.
Hospital departments: Patients of any of our hospital departments including lab, radiology
and surgery may have one designated visitor to accompany the patient.
Physician offices: Patients who have a physician office visit are now permitted to have
one designated visitor with them to their appointment.
Pediatric patients: Parents are permitted in Maternity Care or to accompany a pediatric patient.
Clergy/Priests: Priests and clergypersons are now permitted to visit patients upon request.
- Beginning Tuesday, June 8, the main entrance of the Medical Center (door
2) will be open 6a-7p, Monday through Friday. Patients will need to utilize
the Emergency Department entrance (door 1) outside of those hours.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
- Number of MHP patients tested: 2121
- Number of pending results: 46
- Number of positive results: 240 (increase of 3 since 6/4)
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 21
- Current number of patients with respiratory related diagnoses: 6
Number of available 3rd floor beds: 19
Currently, we have 1 inpatient that tested positive and 7 inpatients have
pending results on the 3rd floor.
Number of inpatients in the 1st floor ACC unit: 9 with 13 beds available and none of these are patients
that have positive or suspected COVID.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of ER patients in last 24 hours: 55
- Number of ER patients with respiratory signs/symptoms: 3
- Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 2 ventilators are in use and 0 BiPAP in use. This leaves us with
19 ventilation units available.
We also have 10 disaster vents available and 6 home Cpap units (not included in the above totals).
MHP PATIENTS TREATED AT OUR RESPIRATORY CLINIC LOCATIONS:
Priority Care: Priority Care treated 8 patients yesterday with respiratory signs/symptoms.
Washington St. Clinic: This location is now temporarily closed until further notice.
- Number of available swabs/media for testing: 27 for the IU lab and/or State
lab (plus an additional 250+ GuideMed tests through Priority Care).