UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
- Updated CDC guidance on quarantine period: The CDC has reduced the recommended quarantine period under certain circumstances. For more information, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/scientific-brief-options-to-reduce-quarantine.html
- Positivity rate: Currently, Shelby County’s positivity rate is 14.9%, which is still higher than Marion County as well as our surrounding counties. We remain in the “orange” category. Categories are updated for each county every Wednesday.
- Priority Care and MHP Family & Internal Medicine Walk-ins: Urgent care visits and walk-ins at both locations have steadied and are closer to our seasonal norms for the past 48 hours.
- Bamlanivimab “Bam” monoclonal drug for Covid treatment. We have infused 50 patients with this experimental Eli Lilly drug and several more are scheduled for later today. Our hospital admission rate is 2% for high-risk patients that received this drug, which compares to a 10% admission rate for high-risk patients who did not receive the infusion. Since our previous update, the only new reaction that has been reported from a patient receiving this drug was a headache. We have approximately 105 vials remaining.
Treatment/Testing options for patients with Covid symptoms:
- Established patients can go to MHP Family & Internal Medicine walk-ins from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- Anyone can go to Priority Care from 7AM-7PM Monday through Friday and 8AM-2PM Saturday and Sunday.
- Shelby County Health Department FREE Covid testing: The SCHD COVID-19 testing site has been moved to the former car wash behind the Country Mark station, 1601 E. SR 44, Shelbyville. FREE COVID-19 testing is available to all members of the public regardless of symptoms. Children as young as two years of age can be tested with parental consent. Testing occurs Mondays through Fridays and every other Saturday. Scheduling for the test can be completed at https://scheduling.coronavirus.in.gov.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
Number of NEW positive results: 62 new positive cases since 12/2/2020
- Out of the 62 new positive cases, 4 patients required inpatient care and 58 remained outpatient. We have approximately 500+ remaining rapid tests.
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 31 and 6 of those patients are in the Critical Care
- Number of available 3rd floor beds: 9
- Currently, we have 18 inpatients that tested positive for COVID.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of total ER patients in last 24 hours: 52 patients with high acuity.
Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 0 ventilators in use and 6 BiPAP in use, 2 trilogy units are in use. This leaves us with 17 ventilation units available.