UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
- Updated CDC guidance on quarantine period: The CDC has reduced the recommended quarantine period under certain circumstances. For more information, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/scientific-brief-options-to-reduce-quarantine.html
- Positivity rate: The Addison Times reported today that Shelby County’s positivity rate is 21.8%, which would make us the 4th highest county in the State of Indiana. We remain in the “orange” category. Categories are updated for each county every Wednesday.
- Priority Care and MHP Family & Internal Medicine Walk-ins: Urgent care visits and walk-ins at both locations remain steady.
- Bamlanivimab "Bam” monoclonal drug for Covid treatment. We have infused 59 patients with this experimental Eli Lilly drug. Our hospital admission rate is 2% for high-risk patients that received this drug, which compares to a 10% admission rate for high-risk patients who did not receive the infusion. Since our previous update, an additional patient reported a mild headache and mild itching, which the patient did not require treatment. We have approximately 163 vials remaining.
Treatment/Testing options for patients with Covid symptoms:
- Established patients can go to MHP Family & Internal Medicine walk-ins from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- Anyone can go to Priority Care from 7AM-7PM Monday through Friday and 8AM-2PM Saturday and Sunday.
- Shelby County Health Department FREE Covid testing: The SCHD COVID-19 testing site has been moved to the former car wash behind the Country Mark station, 1601 E. SR 44, Shelbyville. FREE COVID-19 testing is available to all members of the public regardless of symptoms. Children as young as two years of age can be tested with parental consent. Testing occurs Mondays through Fridays and every other Saturday. Scheduling for the test can be completed at https://scheduling.coronavirus.in.gov.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
Number of NEW positive results: 61 new positive cases since 12/4/2020
- Out of the 61 new positive cases, 9 patients required inpatient care and 52 remained outpatient. We nearly 200 pending results, so this number could change substantially once those result. We have approximately 500+ remaining rapid tests.
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 36 and 4 of those patients are in the Critical Care
- Number of available 3rd floor beds: 4
- Currently, we have 19 inpatients that tested positive for COVID.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of total ER patients in last 24 hours: 64 patients with 24 of those patients having extremely high acuity. Transfers of patients to tertiary facilities are improved without substantial delays.
Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 2 ventilators in use and 1 BiPAP in use, 0 trilogy units are in use. This leaves us with 15 ventilation units available.