Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1-3/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1-3/4 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave onion on high for 1
minute or until tender; drain. Add the macaroni, cheddar cheese and parsley;
- In a blender, combine the milk, cottage cheese, mustard, salt and pepper;
cover and process until smooth. Stir into macaroni mixture.
- Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered,
at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 229 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol,
491 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.