MHP INCIDENT COMMAND UPDATE
JANUARY 20, 2022
General Update: Indiana’s Covid positivity rate increased to 30.1%, and Shelby County’s increased to 28.5%. Every county in the state is in red. The Omicron variant is estimated to be responsible for approximately 70% of the cases.
FREE IN-HOME COVID TESTS: Visit www.covidtests.gov to request 4 free at-home COVID tests to be shipped to your door with no upfront costs.
Inpatient unit: 36 of our 40 beds are full on the 3rd-floor inpatient unit.
- We currently have 12 critical care patients on the 3rd floor. 10 (83%) of them are due to Covid and 8 of the 10 are unvaccinated.
- We have 3 patients on ventilators. ALL these patients are Covid positive and they are ALL unvaccinated.
- We have 7 additional patients on Vapotherm or BiPap. 6 of them are Covid positive and 4 of the 6 are unvaccinated.
- 24 (67%) of our inpatients are Covid positive and 14 (58%) of them are unvaccinated.
Urgent Care and walk-in volumes:
- Priority Care - Still busy, but we did see lower patient volumes yesterday.
- MHP Family & Internal Medicine - Still busy, but we did see lower patient volumes yesterday.
- MHP Pediatrics - Still busy, but we did see lower patient volumes yesterday. Lots of COVID cases and other illnesses.
Emergency Department: The Emergency Department continues to be busy and saw 77 patients yesterday. They are continuing to give Remdesivir (these are 3-day infusions) over the weekend.
Pharmacy: We have 8 doses of Sotrovimab (a novel monoclonal antibody treatment that only requires one dose) remaining and 18 more are on the way. We also have more than 100 doses of BAM-ETE (neutralizing antibody drugs) and a good supply of Remdesivir.