MHP INCIDENT COMMAND UPDATE
JANUARY 19, 2022
General Update: Indiana’s Covid positivity rate increased to 30%, and Shelby County’s increased to 27.8%. Hospitalizations continue to be up across the state, 3-4 days ago it was at an all-time peak.
FREE IN-HOME COVID TESTS: Starting today, you can visit www.covidtests.gov to request 4 free at-home COVID tests to be shipped to your door with no upfront costs.
Inpatient unit: All 40 of our beds are full on the 3rd-floor inpatient unit.
- We currently have 12 critical care patients on the 3rd floor. 9 (75%) of them are due to Covid and 7 of the 9 are unvaccinated.
- We have 6 patients on ventilators. ALL these patients are Covid positive and 5 of them are unvaccinated.
- We have 7 additional patients on Vapotherm or BiPap. 5 of them are Covid positive and 4 of the 5 are unvaccinated.
- 28 (70%) of our inpatients are Covid positive and 19 (68%) of them are unvaccinated.
Urgent Care and walk-in volumes:
- Priority Care - Saw lower patient volumes yesterday, but volumes are increasing again today.
- MHP Family & Internal Medicine - Saw lower patient volumes yesterday, but volumes are increasing again today.
- MHP Pediatrics - Continue to be busy with lots of COVID cases and other illnesses.
Emergency Department: The Emergency Department continues to be busy and saw 81 patients yesterday. They have also had 43 patients receive Remdesivir (these are 3-day infusions).
Pharmacy: We received 12 doses of Sotrovimab (a novel monoclonal antibody treatment that only requires one dose) and 18 more are on the way. We also received more than 100 doses of BAM-ETE (neutralizing antibody drugs). Currently, we have a good supply of Remdesivir.