UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
- General update: Acuity is starting to increase compared to the last several weeks. We remain busy, but we are able to care for each and every patient that requires our services, whether that is in the Emergency Room or our inpatient units. Priority Care and our MHP Family and Internal Medicine walk-ins are busy, but manageable. The State’s positivity rate sits at 16.3% and the rate is 16.58% for Shelby County.
- Covid Vaccination Clinic at MHP: Our first vaccine clinic day will be Friday. Following ISDH guidelines, adults 80+ years of age, Healthcare Workers and First Responders are currently eligible to receive the vaccination. Registration: www.ourshot.in.gov Our plan is to vaccinate 4 people every 10 minutes. We have a sufficient number of volunteers to staff the vaccine clinic. Both Major and the County Health Department are available sites for vaccination.
- Bamlanivimab “Bam” monoclonal drug for Covid treatment. As of today, we have infused 333 patients with this Eli Lilly monoclonal drug. We have a sufficient supply of both Regeneron and Bamlanivimab for our current needs.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
Number of NEW positive results: 82 new positive cases since 1/8/202
- Out of the 82 new positive cases, 8 patients required inpatient care and 74 remained outpatient. All testing supplies are good at this time. Our in-house Covid rapid antigen test started today.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- We are busy, but stable in the Emergency Department.
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 36 and 7 of those patients are in the Critical Care
- Number of available 3rd floor beds: 4
- Currently, we have 19 inpatients that tested positive for COVID.
Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 5 ventilator(s) in use and 1 BiPAPs in use, 2 trilogy units are in use. This leaves us with 12 ventilation units available.