UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
- Covid Vaccination Clinic at MHP: MHP will start administering the Covid 19 vaccine next Friday, 1/15/21. The vaccine distribution plan is being managed by the State Dept of Health. Hoosiers age 80 and older who are now eligible are encouraged to continue to check the sites throughout the day. The vaccine registration site, https://ourshot.in.gov, is designed to put visitors into a holding queue when volume is high. That can contribute to longer wait times or an error message, but Hoosiers should be able to check back at a later time to access the system. Individuals who are having difficulty registering online can also call one of Indiana’s Area Agencies on Aging for help with registration. A caregiver or loved one also may make an appointment on behalf of an eligible senior. At least one vaccine clinic will be located in each Indiana county. Vaccines are free, but insurance may be charged an administrative fee. Appointments for the second dose will be made at the clinic when the first dose is administered. Additional groups, such as those based on underlying health conditions, will be added as vaccine becomes available. Updates will be posted at https://ourshot.in.gov.
- Need a Mental Health Break? Many of us are physically and mentally exhausted and stressed and it can affect us at work or at home. Please recognize these signs in yourselves and those around you. If you need someone to talk to, please seek help. MHP Psychology is one of many resources in our community. 317-392-2971.
- Bamlanivimab “Bam” monoclonal drug for Covid treatment. As of today, we have infused 309 patients with this Eli Lilly monoclonal drug. We have a sufficient supply of both Regeneron and Bamlanivimab for our current needs.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
Number of NEW positive results: 34 new positive cases since 1/6/202
- Out of the 34 new positive cases, 2 patients required inpatient care and 32 remained outpatient. All testing supplies are good at this time. Our in-house Covid rapid antigen test is scheduled to begin on Monday.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of total ER patients in last 24 hours: 48 patients
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 38 and 10 of those patients are in the Critical Care
- Number of available 3rd floor beds: 2
- Currently, we have 19 inpatients that tested positive for COVID.
Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 2 ventilator(s) in use and 2 BiPAPs in use, 5 trilogy units are in use. This leaves us with 15 ventilation units available.