UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
Incident Command: Incident Command has commenced meeting on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
since we have seen an increase in cases and an increase in the number
of MHP staff who are testing positive or developing symptoms.
Staffing shortages: With an increase in the number of positive cases among MHP employees,
some clinical areas are experiencing a shortage of available staff. We
currently have 14 employees absent with Covid-related issues.
Outpatient point of care Rapid testing: We have received our POC (point of care) kits for Rapid Detection of
Testing Criteria: We will utilize the POC kits for asymptomatic or symptomatic patients
that would have a direct bearing on immediate treatment for patient or
possible exposures. For all others, we will likely use the PCR (Nasopharyngeal)
swab testing in the outpatient lab with results in 2-5 days. Additional
criteria/consideration for symptomatic patients:
- Utilize if onset of symptoms was in the last 5 days.
- Provider may also consider influenza testing.
- Recommended PCR test for those who are symptomatic and test negative for
Covid and flu, which will require another swab.
Supplies: Gloves are the only item that we have a limited supply of currently,
but it is not yet at a critical shortage.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
- Number of MHP patients tested: 8,823
- Number of pending results: 116
- Number of positive results: 514 (increase of 23 since 10/21/2020)
- Out of the 23 new positive cases, 6 patients required inpatient care and
17 remained outpatient.
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 33 and 7 of those patients are in the Critical Care
Number of available 3rd floor beds: 7
- Currently, we have 9 inpatients that tested positive
Number of inpatients in the 1st floor ACC unit: 10 with 12 beds available and none of these are patients
that have positive or suspected COVID.
- 7 MHP inpatient employees are currently off work related to Covid.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of ER patients in last 24 hours: 51 (We averaged 57 ER patients
per day in October). We currently have a total of 22 ER patients in the
- 4 ER employees are currently out with symptoms and/or a positive Covid
test. No ACC employees are currently out with Covid symptoms.
- Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 2 ventilators are in use and 5 BiPAP in use and 0 trilogy is in
use. This leaves us with 14 ventilation units available.
We also have 10 disaster vents available and 6 home Cpap units (not included in the above totals).