UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
- Priority Care and Walk-ins. Our volumes were stable over the weekend. However, today is a very busy day in both locations. The next 10-20 days will be critical in seeing how the Thanksgiving holiday will impact our volumes.
- Bamlanivimab “Bam” monoclonal drug for Covid treatment. By today’s end, we will have infused 32 patients with this experimental Eli Lilly drug. We have slightly less than 100 vials remaining and expect to receive 30 more sometime soon. All but one patient has tolerated the drug well without any major interactions and those patients are no longer symptomatic or are showing improvement. One patient had a moderate reaction but has since discharged to home. The drug is designed to reduce and stop the viral load in mild to moderately ill patients who are at high risk or have underlying health conditions. The cost of the drug is free to the patient. The only charge to the patient is for the saline used and the infusion charge. Most insurances are providing coverage.
- Nursing homes: All local nursing homes are steady and stable. Across all the local nursing homes, only two residents remain in isolation with a positive diagnosis.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
Number of NEW positive results: 88 new positive cases since 11/27/2020
- Out of the 88 new positive cases, 14 patients required inpatient care and 74 remained outpatient. We only a limited supply of rapid tests remaining and new orders are on allocation. We anticipate the arrival of 300 additional tests later this week. All other testing supplies are sufficient.
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 36 and 7 of those patients are in the Critical Care
- Number of available 3rd floor beds: 4
- Currently, we have 21 inpatients that tested positive for COVID.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of total ER patients in last 24 hours: 62 patients.
Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 3 ventilators in use and 3 BiPAP in use, 1 trilogy unit is in use. This leaves us with 14 ventilation units available