MHP COVID-19 Daily Update
May 18, 2020
Need a Telehealth Visit?:
UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
Remdesivir: We gave our first patient Remdesivir over the weekend. We are monitoring
the patient closely for improvement and/or any side effects.
Incident Command: The staff and physicians at MHP, the entire community and our state and
local officials have done an amazing job managing and containing Covid-19
in Shelby County so far. As a result, we are decreasing the frequency
of our Incident Command meetings and the daily updates. We will now convene
on Mondays and Thursdays and will remain prepared to increase the frequency
if we have a surge of patients or new developments require it.
MHP Psychology walk-in crisis hours: Beginning Monday, June 1st, MHP Psychology walk-in crisis hours will return to the normal schedule
of 9:00am to 11:00am Monday through Friday.
MHP Foundation: Want to help? Monetary gifts are greatly accepted. Gifts can be made
https://www.mymhp.org/gift or by contacting Angela Gill at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Your gift may be used to purchase personal protection equipment, disinfecting
supplies, testing/medical supplies, meals and other support for staff,
assistance for patients with unmet Covid-19 related needs, and more.
- We need your empty hand sanitizer bottles. We are making our own hand sanitizer
and need your empty containers in order to reuse.
Do you have items that you would like to donate? (hand sanitizer, masks,
respirators, gloves, N95, bouffant caps, or gowns). If so, please contact
Angela Gill (email@example.com)
Food Donations: Several community supporters have called to offer to donate food for
our staff and physicians. Some are also doing it as a way to support those
restaurants who are struggling to stay afloat while they are only open
for carryout. We are extremely grateful for all the community support
and selfless gestures. If you would like to find out more information,
please contact Angela Gill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PATIENTS TREATED AT OUR RESPIRATORY CLINIC LOCATIONS:
- Priority Care located at 30 W. Rampart Road: Priority Care treated 7 patients
yesterday with respiratory signs/symptoms. Priority Care is open 7AM-7PM
Monday through Friday and 8AM-2PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Washington St. Clinic located at 157 W. Washington St: Washington St. Clinic
is now currently closed until further notice.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
- Number of available swabs/media for testing: 219 (plus an additional 100+
GuideMed tests between Priority Care/Washington St Clinic).
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 24
- Current number of patients with respiratory related diagnoses: 7
Number of available 3rd floor beds: 16
Currently, we have 3 inpatients that have tested positive and 12 inpatients
have pending results on the 3rd floor.
Number of inpatients in the 1st floor ACC unit: 4 with 18 beds available and none of these are patients
that have positive or suspected COVID.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of ER patients in last 24 hours: 44
- Number of ER patients with respiratory signs/symptoms: 11 (representing 25%)
- Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 3 ventilators are in use and 1 BiPAP in use. This leaves us with
17 ventilation units available.
We also have 10 disaster vents available and 6 home Cpap units (not included in the above totals).
TELEHEALTH & HOME VISIT TOTALS:
- 84 orthopaedic walk-in visits at Renovo (this option is no longer open/available)
- 348 home visits completed for patients through Family & Internal Medicine
- 2,680 Total MHP Telehealth visits
- 1,544 MHP Family & Internal Medicine Telehealth visits
- 32 Disease Management Telehealth Visits
- 3 MHP Nephrology & Infectious Disease home visits, plus 142 telehealth visits
- 43 MHP OBGYN Telehealth visits
- 150 MHP Pediatrics Telehealth visits
- 39 MHP Priority Care Telehealth visits (Washington St. clinic included)
- 253 MHP Psychology Telehealth visits
- 335 MHP Pulmonology Telehealth visits
- 18 MHP Sports Medicine Telehealth visits
- 87 OnSiteSolutions Telehealth visits
- 60 MHP Wound Clinic Telehealth visits
Mobile COVID-19 Testing
Coordinated by the Division of Emergency Preparedness-Indiana State Department
of Health through Shelby County Health Department
DATE: May 21-24, 2020
HOURS: 9AM to 6PM
LOCATION: Shelbyville High School;
2003 S Miller Street; Shelbyville, IN 46176
By Appointment Only-Must bring Proof of State Residency
Phone Based Registration:
for People without internet access or to register minor for testing (lines
may be busy)
Eligibility for testing:
- Cough, Shortness of Breath
- People 65 years or older
- People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
- People of all ages with underlying medical conditions, particularly if
not well controlled, including:
- People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- People who have serious heart conditions
- People who are immunocompromised
Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer
treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies,
poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and
other immune weakening medications
- People with severe obesity (body mass index (BMI of 40 or higher)
- People with Diabetes
- People with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
- People with liver disease
- Close contact of a COVID-19 positive patient or coworker
- Work with or be in close contact with an at-risk population