CDC is responding to an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus (named “COVID-19”) that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China and which has now been detected in almost 70 locations internationally, including in the United State. The United States reported the first confirmed instance of person-to-person spread with this virus on January 30, 2020.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw away the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- The CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Click here for details.
For the most up to date information visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html