4 servings eaten over 1 dinner
Eating more vegetarian dinners is a great way to save money, and this meal
shows you that you can have delicious tacos without the meat! Latin spices
(that can also be used in a lot of other types of cuisines) perfectly
complement the sweetness of these veggies. We round out this meal with
protein and fiber packed garbanzo beans (because beans are a great part
of any budget diet!).
- Zucchini, sliced at a bias - 2
- Red peppers, sliced - 2
- Shallots, sliced - 1 bulb
- Chickpeas - 2 cups or 1 can
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Oregano - 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Taco-sized tortillas - 8
- Lemons or limes (opt), sliced into wedges - 1
Zucchini / Red Peppers / Shallots | If prepping right before making, pre-heat oven first (Make Step #1).
Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Chickpeas | Drain and rinse.
- Heat oven to 425F degrees.
- Toss zucchini, red peppers, shallots, and chickpeas with cumin, paprika,
oregano, and oil right on a sheet pan. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes, until
veggies are tender but still a bit crunchy.