UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
Overall update: Happy New Year! The weekend was extremely busy in the inpatient unit and
our critical care department. We had 14 critical care patients at one
point over the weekend and no available beds. Thankfully, our inpatient
numbers have decreased today. Our staff have truly done a remarkable job
making sure all patients were well cared for and with the upmost compassion
and highest quality. If you see a staff member who works in a patient
facing area, please take a moment to thank them for their efforts.
- The news has reported a new Covid variant that was identified in England and has since spread to the United States. The new variant is highly transmissible, and equally virulent. In layman’s terms, it’s more contagious, but does not seem to cause more severe illness compared to previous strains. It also seems to be more contagious among children than previous strains.
- MHP vaccinated employees: To date, nearly 200 MHP employees have received their first Covid vaccine at Hancock Regional. Several other MHP employees received their vaccine in their county of residence, so we don’t have an accurate number at this time. No significant side effects have been reported.
- Priority Care: Priority Care has had 34 urgent care visits in the first 4 hours today. They were very busy over the weekend as well. MHP Family & Internal Medicine walk-ins are not as busy as Priority Care.
- Food Donations: Several community supporters have called to offer to donate food for our staff and physicians. Some are also doing it as a way to support those restaurants who are struggling to stay afloat while they are only open for carryout. We are extremely grateful for all the community support and selfless gestures. If you would like to find out more information, please contact Angela Gill by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 317-421-0361.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
Number of NEW positive results: 113 new positive cases since 12/30/2020
- Out of the 113 new positive cases, 12 patients required inpatient care and 101 remained outpatient.
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 34 and 6 of those patients are in the Critical Care
- Number of available 3rd floor beds: 6
- Currently, we have 18 inpatients that tested positive for COVID.
Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 4 ventilator(s) in use and 3 BiPAPs in use, 1 trilogy unit is in use. This leaves us with 13 ventilation units available.