UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
- Overall update: Indiana’s positivity rate is now 10.8% and Shelby County’s positivity rate is sitting at 15.29%. Major Hospital’s inpatient and outpatient volumes have decreased slightly compared to the increases we experienced after the Christmas and New Year’s Eve holidays. Riley Hospital is reporting a higher number of pediatric Covid positive inpatients. This is likely due to the new, highly transmissible variant that seems to impact children more than previous strains of the virus.
- MHP Vaccination Clinic: Our vaccination clinic continues to run efficiently and effectively. Unfortunately, we are receiving a limited number of vaccines each week. Please bear with us if you are now eligible to receive the vaccine, but you continue to have difficulty signing up for an available appointment. We are distributing each and every dose that we receive and are ensuring no dose is wasted. We have a contingency list of eligible patients that we call each day when patients “no show” for their vaccine.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
Number of NEW positive results: 30 new positive cases since 1/20/2020
- Out of the 30 new positive cases, 3 patients required inpatient care and 27 remained outpatient.
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 28 with 7 of those patients are in the Critical Care
- Number of available 3rd floor beds: 12
- Currently, we have 9 inpatients that tested positive for COVID.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Emergency Department is averaging 61 patients every 24 hours. We continue to experience a high percentage of critically ill patients in the Emergency Department.
- Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available: We have 2 ventilator(s) in use and 1 BiPAPs in use, 0 trilogy units are in use. This leaves us with 15 ventilation units available.