MHP COVID-19 Daily Update
May 5, 2020
Need a Telehealth Visit?:
GENERAL UPDATES FOR THE PUBLIC:
Sneeze guards: We are considering several different options for a “sneeze guard”
to protect both patients and staff at our registration areas and other
patient-facing departments. More information will be provided once we
make a selection.
MHP physician practices: Our soft re-opening resumed to about 60% of our normal volumes in the
outpatient physician practices this week. Our new processes are in place
and performing well.
Surgery: We performed 15 elective surgeries yesterday and everything went very
well with no issues or concerns. We are expecting to perform 9 elective
- We need your empty hand sanitizer bottles. We are making our own hand sanitizer
and need your empty containers in order to reuse.
Do you have items that you would like to donate? (hand sanitizer, masks,
respirators, gloves, N95, bouffant caps, or gowns). If so, please contact
Angela Gill (email@example.com)
Food Donations: Several community supporters have called to offer to donate food for
our staff and physicians. Some are also doing it as a way to support those
restaurants who are struggling to stay afloat while they are only open
for carryout. We are extremely grateful for all the community support
and selfless gestures. If you would like to find out more information,
please contact Angela Gill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PATIENTS TREATED AT OUR RESPIRATORY CLINIC LOCATIONS:
- Priority Care located at 30 W. Rampart Road: Priority Care treated 22 patients
yesterday with respiratory signs/symptoms. Priority Care is open 7AM-7PM
Monday through Friday and 8AM-2PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Washington St. Clinic located at 157 W. Washington St: Washington St. Clinic
is now currently closed until further notice.
- Number of available swabs/media for testing: 404 (plus an additional 204
GuideMed tests between Priority Care/Washington St Clinic).
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 21
Current number of patients with respiratory related diagnoses: 18
- Number of available beds: 19
- Number of inpatients in the ACC unit: 8 with 14 beds available
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of ER patients in last 24 hours: 56
- Number of ER patients with respiratory signs/symptoms: 9 (representing 16%)
- Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 7 ventilators in use and 5 ventilation units available.
We also have 10 disaster vents available and 6 home Cpap units (not included in the above totals).