MHP COVID-19 Daily Update
May 13, 2020
Need a Telehealth Visit?:
UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
Screening Mammograms: Radiology is in the process of rescheduling nearly 1,000 Screening Mammogram
patients following the routine schedule disruption caused by the Covid-19
situation. Radiology’s suggestion is to NOT reschedule routine screening
mammogram studies on those patients 80 years and older, but rather skip
this year and resume routine screening in 2021; effectively creating a
one-time 24-month gap interval. In particular, under current Covid conditions,
bringing in Nursing Home patients for routine screening mammograms is
discouraged. This approach seems safest for patients, staff, and the facility
as a whole. Clearly, if a patient insists, she will be accommodated. Also,
this approach only applies to routine screening mammography and not diagnostic
MHP employees testing positive: MHP has had 10 positive employee Covid cases dating back to when testing
first became available in March. This is an amazingly small number and
we are proud of our staff and providers for their diligence in wearing
PPE and practicing social distancing.
- We need your empty hand sanitizer bottles. We are making our own hand sanitizer
and need your empty containers in order to reuse.
Do you have items that you would like to donate? (hand sanitizer, masks,
respirators, gloves, N95, bouffant caps, or gowns). If so, please contact
Angela Gill (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Food Donations: Several community supporters have called to offer to donate food for
our staff and physicians. Some are also doing it as a way to support those
restaurants who are struggling to stay afloat while they are only open
for carryout. We are extremely grateful for all the community support
and selfless gestures. If you would like to find out more information,
please contact Angela Gill (email@example.com).
PATIENTS TREATED AT OUR RESPIRATORY CLINIC LOCATIONS:
- Priority Care located at 30 W. Rampart Road: Priority Care treated 24 patients
yesterday with respiratory signs/symptoms. Priority Care is open 7AM-7PM
Monday through Friday and 8AM-2PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Washington St. Clinic located at 157 W. Washington St: Washington St. Clinic
is now currently closed until further notice.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
- Number of available swabs/media for testing: 204 (plus an additional 150+
GuideMed tests between Priority Care/Washington St Clinic).
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 21
- Current number of patients with respiratory related diagnoses: 11
Number of available 3rd floor beds: 19
Currently, we have 2 inpatients that have tested positive and 7 inpatients
have pending results on the 3rd floor.
Number of inpatients in the 1st floor ACC unit: 3 with 19 beds available and none of these are patients
that have positive or suspected COVID.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of ER patients in last 24 hours: 48
- Number of ER patients with respiratory signs/symptoms: 5 (representing 10%)
- Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 6 ventilators in use and 15 ventilation units available.
We also have 10 disaster vents available and 6 home Cpap units (not included in the above totals).
TELEHEALTH & HOME VISIT TOTALS:
- 84 orthopaedic walk-in visits at Renovo (this option is no longer open/available)
- 320 home visits completed for patients through Family & Internal Medicine
- 2,576 Total MHP Telehealth visits
- 1,481 MHP Family & Internal Medicine Telehealth visits
- 30 Disease Management Telehealth Visits
- 3 MHP Nephrology & Infectious Disease home visits, plus 140 telehealth visits
- 39 MHP OBGYN Telehealth visits
- 147 MHP Pediatrics Telehealth visits
- 39 MHP Priority Care Telehealth visits (Washington St. clinic included)
- 231 MHP Psychology Telehealth visits
- 330 MHP Pulmonology Telehealth visits
- 18 MHP Sports Medicine Telehealth visits
- 78 OnSiteSolutions Telehealth visits
- 57 MHP Wound Clinic Telehealth visits