MHP COVID-19 Daily Update
DATE: May 12, 2020
Need a Telehealth Visit?: https://www.mymhp.org/services/virtual-visits/
UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
- Shelby County drive-through testing: Click Here for more information about the upcoming community testing opportunity.
- Orthopaedic walk-in visits: This service at Renovo is no longer available and appointments are necessary.
- MHP Foundation: Monetary contributions are gratefully accepted. Gifts can be made online at https://www.mymhp.org/gift or by contacting Angela Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your gift may be used to purchase personal protection equipment, disinfecting supplies, testing/medical supplies, meals and other support for staff, assistance for patients with unmet COVID-19 related needs, and more.
- We need your empty hand sanitizer bottles. We are making our own hand sanitizer and need your empty containers in order to reuse.
- Do you have items that you would like to donate? (hand sanitizer, masks, respirators, gloves, N95, bouffant caps, or gowns). If so, please contact Angela Gill (email@example.com)
- Food Donations: Several community supporters have called to offer to donate food for our staff and physicians. Some are also doing it as a way to support those restaurants who are struggling to stay afloat while they are only open for carryout. We are extremely grateful for all the community support and selfless gestures. If you would like to find out more information, please contact Angela Gill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PATIENTS TREATED AT OUR RESPIRATORY CLINIC LOCATIONS:
- Priority Care located at 30 W. Rampart Road: Priority Care treated 23 patients yesterday with respiratory signs/symptoms. Priority Care is open 7AM-7PM Monday through Friday and 8AM-2PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Washington St. Clinic located at 157 W. Washington St: Washington St. Clinic is now currently closed until further notice.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
- Number of MHP patients tested: 1,290
- Number of pending results: 83
- Number of positive results: 202 (increase of 2 since yesterday)
- If you want updated statistics for Shelby County and/or the State of Indiana, please visit https://coronavirus.in.gov/.
- If you want updated statistics for the United States, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html
- Number of available swabs/media for testing: 225 (plus an additional 170+ GuideMed tests between Priority Care/Washington St Clinic).
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
- Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 24
- Current number of patients with respiratory related diagnoses: 16
- Number of available 3rd floor beds: 16
- Currently, we have 3 inpatients that have tested positive and 16 inpatients have pending results on the 3rd floor.
- Number of inpatients in the 1st floor ACC unit: 3 with 19 beds available and none of these are patients that have positive or suspected COVID.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of ER patients in last 24 hours: 50
- Number of ER patients with respiratory signs/symptoms: 15 (representing 30%)
- Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
We have 4 ventilators in use and 16 ventilation units available.
- We also have 10 disaster vents available and 6 home Cpap units (not included in the above totals).
TELEHEALTH & HOME VISIT TOTALS:
- 84 orthopaedic walk-in visits at Renovo (this option is no longer open/available)
- 311 home visits completed for patients through Family & Internal Medicine
- 2,530 Total MHP Telehealth visits
- 1,449 MHP Family & Internal Medicine Telehealth visits
- 30 Disease Management Telehealth Visits
- 3 MHP Nephrology & Infectious Disease home visits, plus 139 telehealth visits
- 39 MHP OBGYN Telehealth visits
- 147 MHP Pediatrics Telehealth visits
- 39 MHP Priority Care Telehealth visits (Washington St. clinic included)
- 225 MHP Psychology Telehealth visits
- 326 MHP Pulmonology Telehealth visits
- 18 MHP Sports Medicine Telehealth visits
- 78 OnSiteSolutions Telehealth visits
- 57 MHP Wound Clinic Telehealth visits
- https://www.mymhp.org/services/virtual-visits/ or 392-DOCS (answered 24/7)
- Indiana State Dept of Health Call Center for Healthcare workers and the general public (staffed 8AM-8PM) (317) 233-7125. Please call (317) 233-1325 after hours.
- For the Shelby County Health Department, please call (317) 392-6470.