4 servings eaten over 1 lunch
A single rotisserie chicken can go a long way and we’re stretching
it over 3 meals this week starting with a quesadilla filling. Served with
some salsa on the side and some celery and hummus, this is a meal that’s
healthy and will please even picky eaters
- Rotisserie chicken, shredded - 1/4
- Celery, sliced into sticks - 6 ribs
- Mexican blend cheese, grated - 2 cups
- Burrito-sized flour tortillas - 4
- Hot sauce - to taste
- Salsa - 1/2 cup
- Hummus - 3/4 cups
EXTRAS AND SWAPS
Make it vegetarian | You can easily swap out a can of pinto or black beans for the chicken
Other veggies | Sliced cucumbers, bell peppers, and carrots can all be used in place
of the celery
Other dipping sauces | Cottage cheese (you might have some leftover from earlier this week), yogurt
- Rotisserie chicken | Tear meat off of the bone and chop into bite-sized
pieces. If you can do this the night before, assembling your lunches will
be much quicker in the morning. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Celery | Wash and chop into sticks.
- Cheese | Grate if you didn’t purchase it pre-grated. (Can be done
up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lay out two tortillas onto a sheet pan. Sprinkle with cheese and rotisserie
chicken. If you like spice, add a few shakes of hot sauce over the filling.
Close with remaining two tortillas.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, flipping midway through.
- Cut each quesadilla into triangles.
- Divide quesadilla triangles, salsa, celery, and hummus into lunch containers.
For folks that have access to a toaster oven to reheat lunch, you can
wrap quesadillas in foil; otherwise, they’re completely fine eaten
cold too. Enjoy quesadillas dipped into salsa and celery dipped into hummus.