MHP COVID-19 Daily Update
April 22, 2020
Need a Telehealth Visit?:
GENERAL UPDATES FOR THE PUBLIC:
Deals and discounts for healthcare workers and first responders:
MHP employees who tested positive or were off work: To date, we have only had 3 employees that have tested positive. We have
a handful of employees who were not tested but presumed to be positive
and on leave as a precaution. We believe these very low numbers illustrate
a few points; (1) our staff are properly using PPE and following all precautions;
(2) MHP has provided the necessary PPE for our staff and patients; and
(3) MHP has the best trained, prepared and equipped healthcare staff in
Central Indiana. Stay vigilant!
ISHAA Sports Physicals: The IHSAA has updated school physical requirements for the 2020-2021
season. ISHAA will waive the requirement for a new updated physical. Athletes
must have a physical from the 2019-2020 season on file to participate.
If they do not, they must have a physical completed after April 1, 2019.
Incoming freshmen will also be able to use their physical form from 2019-2020.
Transfer students must provide a copy from their previous school for the
- We need your empty hand sanitizer bottles. We are making our own hand sanitizer
and need your empty containers in order to reuse.
Do you have items that you would like to donate? (hand sanitizer, masks,
respirators, gloves, N95, bouffant caps, or gowns). If so, please contact
Angela Gill (email@example.com)
Food Donations: Several community supporters have called to offer to donate food for
our staff and physicians. Some are also doing it as a way to support those
restaurants who are struggling to stay afloat while they are only open
for carryout. We are extremely grateful for all the community support
and selfless gestures. If you would like to find out more information,
please contact Angela Gill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PATIENTS TREATED AT OUR RESPIRATORY CLINIC LOCATIONS:
- Priority Care located at 30 W. Rampart Road: Treated 19 patients yesterday
with respiratory signs/symptoms. Priority Care is open 7AM-7PM Monday
through Friday and 8AM-2PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Washington St. Clinic located at 157 W. Washington St: Treated 9 patients
yesterday with respiratory signs/symptoms. Washington St. Clinic is open
8AM to 4:30PM Monday through Friday.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
- Number of available swabs/media: 2, plus an additional 180 GuideMed testing
kits available through Priority Care or the Washington Street Clinic.
We will continue to follow the ISDH/CDC testing protocols to determine
which patients are eligible for testing. The testing criteria was updated
this week and is available on the ISDH website.
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 17
- Current number of patients with respiratory related diagnoses: 17 (4 patients
on a critical care vent and 0 on BiPap and 0 on a trilogy device)
- Number of available beds: 23
- 7 inpatients are in the ACC unit with 15 available beds
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of ER patients in last 24 hours: 40
- Number of ER patients with respiratory signs/symptoms: 8 (representing 20%)