General Visiting hours
General hospital visiting hours are unrestricted between 8 a.m. - 8:30
p.m. If you wish to stay after visiting hours, please obtain permission
from the charge nurse.
The following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Individuals who have colds, sore throats, or any contagious diseases should
not visit patients.
- Masks are required for all patients and visitors while in an MHP facility.
- It is suggested that only two visitors be with a patient at the same time.
- Visitors should speak quietly and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room at the staff's discretion.
- Visitors must wear shirts and shoes.
- Smoking is not allowed in any portion of the hospital building or grounds.
- Lounges for visitors are located throughout the hospital.
To provide the optimum therapeutic environment, health care providers reserve
the right to limit a patient's visitors. Please feel free to discuss
these guidelines with the charge nurse if special circumstances need to
- Visitation hours are from 8 am to 10 pm. To ensure a quiet, comfortable,
and safe environment, it is requested that no more than three to four
visitors be present at the bedside at one time.
- Between the hours of 10 pm to 8 am, to ensure a safe and quiet environment,
visitors may be limited to two to three. Visitors are encouraged to visit
for shorter periods of time during these hours.
- Only one designated support person may stay overnight after delivery.
- During delivery, support persons are limited to two designated visitors.
- “Golden Hour”, immediately following delivery for one hour,
two designated visitors will be allowed in the patient room, not including
the support person.
- No one under the age of 12 will be allowed on the unit with the exception
of siblings of the baby.
All visitors over the age of 2,must wear a mask at all times.
- Thorough hand hygiene is encouraged for all visitors.
- All visitors must self-screen for symptoms of illness. A visitor with symptoms
of illness or a positive or pending COVID-19 test should not visit.
Intensive Care Unit
Please limit visitors to two at a time. If your family member has been
admitted to the intensive care unit, we ask that only immediate family
visit and that you stop by the nurse's station before visiting. Due
to the specialized nature of this unit, we ask that there be no visitors
under 14 without special permission.
We understand the importance of relationships with children and the role
they play in the healing process. However, due to children's decreased
immunities, limited attention spans, and safety issues in a hospital,
staff will use discretion in allowing visitation of children under 12.
Check with a nurse on the unit for further clarification.