MHP Incident Command Update
January 3, 2022
General Update: Indiana’s overall Covid positivity is 14.9% and Shelby County’s
positivity rate is 15.1%.
Pediatric Covid update: One of the state’s leading pediatric hospitals shared data with
us comparing their December 2020 Covid statistics to December 2021. The
data shows an 88% increase in pediatric patients testing positive and
a 35% increase in pediatric Covid admissions.
Inpatient unit: All 40 of our 40 beds remain full on our 3rd-floor inpatient unit and
that has been the case almost every day since December 11th. The ACC inpatient unit is nearly full with 16 patients.
- We currently have 14 critical care patients on the 3rd floor, and 11 (79%)
of those patients are due to Covid. Of the 14 Covid-related critical care
patients, only two are vaccinated.
- We have four patients on ventilators and all of those patients are Covid
positive and none of them are vaccinated. We have ten additional patients
who are on Vapotherm or BiPap, and all of those patients are Covid positive.
- Twenty-three (58%) of our inpatients are Covid positive, and twenty (87%)
of them are unvaccinated.
Regeneron supply: As of this morning, we had 92 doses of Regeneron remaining. We will run
out by Wednesday as we continue to infuse over 30 patients per day.
Don't visit an Emergency Room for just a COVID test. - This will help
us in treating patients who require emergency care.
Where can I get a COVID-19 Test?
- MHP Family & Internal Medicine; 2451 Intelliplex, Suite 260. Mon. -
Fri.: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. 317.398.0121 (for established patients)
- MHP Pediatrics; 2451 Intelliplex, Suite 240, (children 18 and under) Mon.
- Fri.: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. 317.398.7337
- MHP Priority Care; 30 W Rampart, Mon. - Fri.: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Sat. &
Sun.: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. 317.398.7644
- Shelby County Health Department; 1600 E State Road 44, Suite A, Mon: 9
a.m. – 7 p.m. (closed for lunch 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) Thurs:
9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (closed for lunch 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
Walgreens; 1010 E SR 44, Schedule:
For additional testing, options visit
www.coronavirus.in.gov/covid-19-testing-information/ or DIAL 211.