MHP COVID-19 Daily Update
May 7, 2020
Need a Telehealth Visit?:
UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
392-DOCS call center: This line will no longer be answered 24/7 and will now only be answered
during normal business hours as it was prior to COVID19. You will be able
to leave a message after hours and on weekends.
Convalescent Plasma donations: Versiti is collecting plasma from recovered COVID-19 patients to help
treat others diagnosed with the virus. This blood-related treatment –
approved by the FDA as an Emergency Investigational New Drug (EIND) –
could offer hope to the hundreds of patients who continue to be diagnosed.
This treatment would be used by hospitals for the most severely affected
patients. Participants must be eligible to donate blood. For more information:
1-866-702-HOPE (866-702-4673) or visit
Small non-latex glove shortage: We have a critical shortage of small non-latex gloves. We have less than
a 30-day supply based on our average daily burn rate.
- We need your empty hand sanitizer bottles. We are making our own hand sanitizer
and need your empty containers in order to reuse.
Do you have items that you would like to donate? (hand sanitizer, masks,
respirators, gloves, N95, bouffant caps, or gowns). If so, please contact
Angela Gill (email@example.com)
Food Donations: Several community supporters have called to offer to donate food for
our staff and physicians. Some are also doing it as a way to support those
restaurants who are struggling to stay afloat while they are only open
for carryout. We are extremely grateful for all the community support
and selfless gestures. If you would like to find out more information,
please contact Angela Gill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PATIENTS TREATED AT OUR RESPIRATORY CLINIC LOCATIONS:
- Priority Care located at 30 W. Rampart Road: Priority Care treated 25 patients
yesterday with respiratory signs/symptoms. Priority Care is open 7AM-7PM
Monday through Friday and 8AM-2PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Washington St. Clinic located at 157 W. Washington St: Washington St. Clinic
is now currently closed until further notice.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
- Number of available swabs/media for testing: 348 (plus an additional 200+
GuideMed tests between Priority Care/Washington St Clinic).
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 22
- Current number of patients with respiratory related diagnoses: 17
Number of available 3rd floor beds: 18
Currently, we have 8 inpatients that have tested positive and 8 inpatients
have pending results on the 3rd floor.
Number of inpatients in the 1st floor ACC unit: 4 with 18 beds available and none of these are patients
that have positive or suspected COVID.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of ER patients in last 24 hours: 50
- Number of ER patients with respiratory signs/symptoms: 9 (representing 18%)
- Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 2 ventilators in use and 18 ventilation units available.
We also have 10 disaster vents available and 6 home Cpap units (not included in the above totals).