12 servings eaten over 3 breakfasts
This cheesy egg bake makes an easy and tasty big-group breakfast on its
own. However, you can also use it as a filling for convenient make-ahead
breakfast sandwiches. Make them on a Sunday night and then wrap each one
in foil. In the morning, pop them in an oven (or toaster oven) at 350F
degrees for ~10 minutes while you’re getting ready in the morning
for a warm and satisfying way to start the day!
- Eggs - 12
- Cottage cheese - 2 cups
- Mexican blend cheese, grated - 1 ½ cups
- Tomato salsa - ½ cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Flour - 1 cup Butter or oil for greasing pan
- 12 English muffins
- 12 slices of bacon or Canadian bacon and / or
- 2 to 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat eggs until creamy. Add cheeses, salsa, baking powder, salt, and flour.
Mix thoroughly with a spatula.
- Butter a 9” x 13” pan and pour egg mixture into pan. Bake for
- Divide into 12 squares.
- Sandwich between English muffins and wrap in foil.
- If adding bacon, fry them up and then divide each slice in half. Place
1 slice on each sandwich.
- If adding tomatoes or avocado, slice and add after warming sandwiches up
- Wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.