UPDATES FROM INCIDENT COMMAND:
- Zero positive COVID inpatients: We have not had a single positive COVID inpatient for the last 19 days. We are still testing every inpatient for COVID, regardless of symptoms or the reason for admission.
- MHP employee antibody testing results: A total of 707 MHP employees chose to undergo the free antibody testing offered by MHP. 13 employees or 1.8% returned as positive for the antibodies, which is significantly less than the national average of 3%. Great job by the Doctors and staff at MHP!
- Incident Command meetings: Due to the decreasing volumes and our handle on the current situation, Incident Command will now only be meeting as necessary. This is subject to change in the event we see an increase in cases. This will be the last communication until such time.
- Main Entrance opening earlier: Beginning July 6th, Main Entrance/Door #2 will open at 5AM to accommodate our surgery patients and his/her designated visitor. Entrance #5 will not longer be used for surgery patients after this weekend. All surgery patients and their designated visitor will be using Entrance #2/Main Entrance starting July 6th.
- MHP Café: The café is open and available for staff, patients, and visitors to the Medical Center. Please note that the café is “cashless” until further notice and can only accept credit card or payroll deduct as a form of payment.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
- Number of MHP patients tested: 3,048
- Number of pending results: 118
- Number of positive results: 251 (increase of 3 since 6/22)
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
- Current number of 3rd floor inpatients: 16
Current number of patients with respiratory related diagnoses: 2
- Number of available 3rd floor beds: 24
- Currently, we have 0 inpatients that tested positive and 7 inpatients have pending results on the 3rd floor.
- Number of inpatients in the 1st floor ACC unit: 4 with 18 beds available and none of these are patients that have positive or suspected COVID.
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of ER patients in last 24 hours: 43 (We averaged 53 ER patients per day in June)
- Number of ER patients with respiratory signs/symptoms: 3 (representing 7%)
Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- We have 0 ventilators are in use and 0 BiPAP in use and 0 trilogy is in use. This leaves us with 18 ventilation units available.
- We also have 10 disaster vents available and 6 home Cpap units (not included in the above totals).
- Number of vents currently in use and number of vents available:
- Number of available swabs/media for testing: 300 for the IU lab and/or State lab (plus an additional 200 + GuideMed tests through Priority Care).
MHP COVID-19 Update | 7/2/2020
Major Health Partners