4 servings eaten over 1 breakfast
Saturday mornings are the perfect time for making breakfast together, and
these banana pancakes will have the whole family excited to be cooking
together. Feel free to swap in whatever fillings you like, but we love
bananas because they’re inexpensive and can be found year round.
INGREDIENTS FOR PANCAKES
- Bananas, ripe and mashed - 3
- Flour - 1 ½ cups
- Sugar - 1 ½ Tbsp
- Baking powder - 3 tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Eggs, beaten - 2
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Butter or more cooking oil for greasing pan
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPINGS
- Plain yogurt - 1 cup
- Honey - 2 Tbsp
- Bananas, sliced - 2
- Walnuts, crushed - ¼ cup
EXTRAS OR SWAPS
Other fruit | blueberries, chopped strawberries
Other nuts | pecans, pistachios, sliced almonds
- Use a fork to mash bananas.
- In one bowl, mix together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and then mix in oil and bananas.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients. It’s okay if the batter
is a bit lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat. Lightly grease with some
butter or oil. Pour or scoop batter onto heated surface and cook on each
side until they’re golden brown. It’s okay if the first few
don’t come out great! Adjust heat as needed.
- While pancakes are cooking, have someone else mix together yogurt and honey
and slice bananas.
- Let everyone enjoy their stacks drizzled with honey yogurt and topped with
more banana slices and walnuts.