MHP COVID-19 Daily Update
DATE: April 20, 2020
Need a Telehealth Visit?: https://www.mymhp.org/services/virtual-visits/
GENERAL UPDATES FOR THE PUBLIC:
- Drive-thru COVID testing now through Wednesday: Decatur County Fairgrounds in Greensburg has drive-thru testing available for healthcare workers, first responders, and essential workers who have symptoms of COVID-19 or family members who have symptoms. Participants should bring a driver’s license or other State of Indiana-issued identification card and documentation of place of employment. Only symptomatic individuals will be tested. Tests will be conducted as long as supplies last and will be limited to one individual per vehicle. A doctor’s order or an appointment are not required. Decatur County Fairgrounds, 545 S. Co. Rd. 200 W, Greensburg. Testing dates are limited to 4/20 through 4/22 from 9am -6pm. (877) 826-0011 is the phone number for questions and there is a chat line for questions at www.coronavirus.in.gov
- Maternity care patients: We will begin testing our maternity care patients beginning this week.
- FREE car wash at Crew Carwash: If you are a front-line Doctor, Nurse, Medical Professional, Police Officer, Firefighter or EMT, please show your valid ID and employee badge for a free carwash during the month of April at any Crew location.
- We need your empty hand sanitizer bottles. We are making our own hand sanitizer and need your empty containers in order to reuse.
- Do you have items that you would like to donate? (hand sanitizer, masks, respirators, gloves, N95, bouffant caps, or gowns). If so, please contact Angela Gill (email@example.com)
- Food Donations: Several community supporters have called to offer to donate food for our staff and physicians. Some are also doing it as a way to support those restaurants who are struggling to stay afloat while they are only open for carryout. We are extremely grateful for all the community support and selfless gestures. If you would like to find out more information, please contact Angela Gill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PATIENTS TREATED AT OUR RESPIRATORY CLINIC LOCATIONS:
- Priority Care located at 30 W. Rampart Road: Treated 15 patients yesterday with respiratory signs/symptoms. Priority Care is open 7AM-7PM Monday through Friday and 8AM-2PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Washington St. Clinic located at 157 W. Washington St: Closed on weekends. Washington St. Clinic is open 8AM to 4:30PM Monday through Friday.
MHP TESTING STATUS:
- Number of MHP patients tested: 565
- Number of pending results: 57
- Number of positive results: 99 (increase of 21 since yesterday)
- Currently, we have 4 inpatients that have tested positive and 8 inpatients have pending results.
- If you want updated statistics for Shelby County and/or the State of Indiana, please visit https://coronavirus.in.gov/.
- If you want updated statistics for the United States, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html
- Number of available swabs/media: 50, plus an additional 200 GuideMed testing kits available through Priority Care or the Washington Street Clinic. We will continue to follow the ISDH/CDC testing protocols to determine which patients are eligible for testing. The testing criteria was updated this week and is available on the ISDH website.
MHP INPATIENT STATUS:
- Current number of inpatients: 13
- Current number of patients with respiratory related diagnoses: 12 (3 patients on a critical care vent and 1 on BiPap and 0 on a trilogy device)
- Number of available beds: 27
- 9 inpatients are in the ACC unit with 13 available beds
MHP EMERGENCY DEPT STATUS:
- Number of ER patients in last 24 hours: 32
- Number of ER patients with respiratory signs/symptoms: 5 (representing 16%)
- https://www.mymhp.org/services/virtual-visits/ or 392-DOCS (answered 24/7)
- Indiana State Dept of Health Call Center for Healthcare workers and the general public (staffed 8AM-8PM) (317) 233-7125. Please call (317) 233-1325 after hours.
- For the Shelby County Health Department, please call (317) 392-6470.