Back in 2014, an internal committee at MHP called the MHP Giving Tree challenged
staff members to raise $500,000 over a span of 5 years to celebrate the
construction of the new MHP Medical Center on Intelliplex Drive, our current
home. They crushed that goal easily with their generosity.
In 2019, we challenged them to do that again. Departments were also invited
to submit project ideas for grant funding to help them do their job better
for patients with our new initiative called Together We Are. No surprise...they
knocked it out of the park again...but did it a year ahead of schedule.
Our group of MHP employee donors have pledged $112,379.29 through their
paychecks for this year's campaign alone, bringing the grand total
of donations to $1,027,663.78 since 2014.
MHP employees have raised over $1 million towards MHP's mission - all
right on schedule for Major Hospital's 100 year anniversary in Shelby County.
Their drive to give is humbling, but their inventiveness for the Together
We Are projects is awe-inspiring. We are thrilled to announce the approved
projects for this year:
· ACC: Nursing Certification Challenge, $2,500
· ACC: Pediatric Simulation Training, $4,500
· Cardiopulmonary: Smoking Cessation Program, $6,000
· Care Management: Latinx BP Cuff Program, $3,000
· Primary Care/SDOH: Community Health Workers
· Pulmonology: Patient Nebulizers, $1,200
· Coag Clinic: Medical ID Bracelets & Cards, $500
· Clinical Nutrition: MyPlate Plates, $1,000
· Clinical Nutrition: LifeSteps Scholarships, $1,000
· Maternity Care: Safe Sleep Books, $750
· Population Health: EHR Quality Worker
We are so appreciative of ALL the great work done by MHP employees. They
give their all each and every day to provide the best care to patients...sometimes
in multiple ways.