MHP COVID-19 UPDATE – 3/20/20
- MHP Family & Internal Medicine Walk-in Clinic is closed until further notice.
- MHP Pediatrics will continue to operate as normal and will continue to
see walk-in patients.
Any patient who is ill or has signs, symptoms, or exposure to COVID-19
please call (317) 392-DOCS (3627) and you will be directed what to do and where to seek treatment.
- Patients who are acutely ill, non-emergent patients are being directed
to one of our 2 convenient locations:
Priority Care: Located in the Rampart Professional Building at 30 W. Rampart, Shelbyville
Hours of operation: Monday -Friday: 7AM-7PM and Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-2PM.
NEW MHP Washington St. Clinic: Located at 157 W. Washington Street (across from the former Major Hospital site)
Hours of operation: Monday -Friday: 8AM-4:30PM.
- Indiana now has 79 confirmed cases (which is an increase of 23 cases since
yesterday) and 2 deaths. 554 Hoosiers have been tested to date. MHP has
tested 46 patients and we have results back on 23 of those patients. One
patient tested positive on 3/18 and the remainder are pending. There have
been 11,274 cases and 157 deaths in the US.
- MHP Bed capacity: we have 56 staffed beds and 6 ICU beds under normal circumstances.
Our surge capacity includes 80 inpatient beds and 14 critical care beds.
If anyone has items they would like to donate to MHP during this challenging
time please e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will follow up with you as soon as possible.
The following items are in high demand. They must be new and in original
packaging for us to accept them.
- masks (N95, surgical masks, respirators)
- Tyvek suits,
- eye protection/safety glasses.
Due to a shortage of available testing supplies, all hospitals have been
directed to follow the Indiana State Department of Health guidelines.
Therefore, we are not doing any testing at our ambulatory sites and are
only testing high risk and severely ill patients in the following categories:
- Patients requiring hospitalization with fever and lower respiratory symptoms;
negative for other sources of infection
- Healthcare workers (inpatient, outpatient, nursing home, and other long
term care facilities, etc.) who provide direct care to at-risk patients
- Long-term care facility residents or prison/jail residents and staff with
fever and respiratory illness and otherwise no known source
- MHP Valet services at Main Entrance 2 and the MHP Gift Shop both closed
3/19 and will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
There is a severe blood shortage due to the COVID-19, especially for O-negative
blood type. Anyone who would like to donate blood can visit
https://www.redcross.org/ to learn more and schedule an appointment.