Gifts of PDO
MHP employees may give a gift of PDO to the Foundation. It’s a great
way to make a gift, receive a tax deduction, and not change your take
home pay. This may be an option for you if your budget is feeling stretched
but giving is still important to you or if you have extra PDO. To obtain
the form for donating PDO, please email Kaleigh Lee at
Keep in mind the following:
- A PDO gift will be made at your base rate only—no differentials will
- You must have a minimum of 80 hours in your PDO bank to donate (taking
into consideration any hours that may have already been approved for time
off. The 80-hour minimum does not apply to physicians).
- Employees in their six-month probationary period cannot donate PDO.
- A minimum PDO gift is two hours.
- You will be taxed just as if you had used the PDO for a vacation or other time off.
- You might wish to keep in mind that the actual donation received by the
foundation will be net of taxes. For example, if you give $100 in PDO
and if $10 in payroll taxes are taken out, your gift to the foundation is $90.
- A gift through PDO to the foundation is tax deductible if you itemize.
- A payroll deduction will appear on your pay stub showing the gift. Save
this stub for your tax return if you are going to claim the deduction.
- PDO gifts will be deducted from your PDO bank one time only.
- During the annual employee campaign, “Together We Are MHP,”
the PDO deduction to the foundation will occur before or on the last pay
in December. Any other time of year, it will be with the next paycheck.
- No elective deferrals (like 401k) will be deducted from a PDO contribution.
Standard Deduction for 2022: $12,950 if you are single or married, filing
separately. $25,900 if you are married, filing jointly, and $19,400 for
head of household.