Job Shadow & Clinical Observation
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW PRIOR TO FILLING OUT AN APPLICATION.
Job Shadowing and Clinical Observation are only available to those years 16 and older. Job Shadowing is designed for individuals who wish to explore health career professions. Clinical observation is designed for individuals entering a degree program or needs clinical observation hours for college application requirements.
For general questions, please contact Education Services at 317.398.5297.
What You'll Need To Do
- Only complete one application type. Please fill out the application in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
What We'll Need From You
- A copy of your immunization records
- A copy of your COVID-19 immunization record
- A copy of your flu vaccine (if the request is between October 1 through March 31)
- Any observer that is 16 or 17 years of age must have parental signed consent.
What To Expect From Us
- Please allow for a 3-4 weeks processing period during which your application is reviewed and availability is determined.
- Job shadowing is not permitted at provider level which includes any physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
- If accepted, you will be notified by email with instructions on how to proceed.
- Observers are permitted a maximum total of 20 observation hours. Students may not observe more than 4 hours per day per area. Observers are not limited to one area or one healthcare profession.