An X-ray uses a small amount of radiation to create images of your bones and internal organs. MHP Major Hospital Imaging uses state-of-the-art technology to provide high quality X-rays using the minimum amount of radiation necessary.
Before Your Test
- You may be asked to remove your watch, jewelry, or garments with metal closures from the part of your body being imaged. These items can block part of the image.
- You may be asked to put on a gown.
- You may be asked about your overall health or any medications you take.
- If you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, please let the technologist know before the exam.
During Your Test
- You will be asked to lie on a table, sit, or stand.
- You may be given breathing instructions and asked to hold very still.
- A lead apron may be draped over part of your body to shield it from the X-rays (if does not interfere with your exam).
After Your Test
Your doctor will discuss the test results with you during a follow-up appointment or over the phone. Your x-ray report will also be available via the mymajorhealth.com patient portal. Click here for more information.