- Common health insurance terms
- Need to shop for health insurance?
- The Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) is a health insurance program from the State of Indiana that pays for medical expenses and provides incentives for members to be more health conscious. HIP provides coverage for qualified low-income Hoosiers who are interested in participating in a low-cost, consumer-driven health care program.
- Medicare is health insurance for people 65 years or older, under age 65 with certain disabilities, and any age with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) or Lou Gehrig's disease. Medicare has four parts – Part A, which is hospital insurance; Part B, which is medical insurance; Part C, which is Medicare Advantage Plans; and Part D, which is Prescription Drug Coverage.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Medicare
- Medicaid is a joint Federal and State program that helps pay medical costs for some people with limited incomes and resources.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Medicaid
- The purpose of these programs is to identify people who have disabilities that preclude the ability to work, or for children, preclude the ability to fully participate in learning activities.
- Call the Social Security Administration toll free at 1-800-772-1213 or contact your local Social Security office. The addresses and telephone numbers of the local Social Security office are listed in your local telephone directory. You may also contact the Social Security Administration for information or to file a disability claim via their website. Additional information can be found by clicking here.
The Jane Pauley Community Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center
that offers comprehensive healthcare to the communities they serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay. They offer primary healthcare, dental, and behavioral health services to adults and children.
- The Jane Pauley Community Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center
- Patient Services evaluates an individual's financial, medical, and insurance situation to determine who is eligible for premium or co-payment assistance. They provide help for many illnesses and offer many types of financial assistance.
- The mission of Shelby Senior Services, Inc. is to respond to the ever-changing needs of seniors and their families, to affect in positive ways their quality of life, and to assist in maintaining their independence. They also have a number of volunteers to help Seniors with Medicare through SHIP, the State Health Insurance Assistance Program.