Visitor Restriction Information
Any patient who is ill or has signs, symptoms, or exposure to COVID-19
please call (317) 392-DOCS (3627) and you will be directed what to do and where to seek treatment.
Click here for the PowerPoint presentation from Thursday, March 12, 2020.
In efforts to protect our patients and employees,
no visitors will be permitted at MHP Medical Center.
Managing visitation: Indiana hospitals are strictly enforcing visitation rules. We are following
the same policies.
Visitors are prohibited with the following exceptions:
- One designated at end of life with appropriate screening
- One designated for laboring patient with appropriate screening
- One designated for a pediatric patient with appropriate screening
- One designated for surgery patient with appropriate screening
If a visitor is permitted, the visitor must remain in the patient’s
room and cannot come and go from the patient’s room. We are doing
this to protect our other high-risk patients and our staff. The visitor
not have a positive or pending COVID-19 test.
We are working on a solution involving FaceTime or Skype connectivity for
patients and their family members. The inpatient nursing staff is offering
family members a phone number to call in for daily updates and also offering
to make daily calls to the patient’s family if preferred.
Visitor Restrictions are as follows:
- Visitors must be immediate family members.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age.
- No more than 1 designated visitors per patient.
- Visitors must not have any cold or flu like symptoms (fever, cough, body
aches, sore throat, diarrhea)
MHP Family & Internal Medicine Walk-in Clinic is closed until further notice.
Elective and non-emergent surgeries will be canceled/restricted. This is being done to make room for a possible influx of patients and to
limit potential exposure. Our providers and surgeons will consult and
determine whether the surgery/procedure should take place or be postponed.
This includes non-emergent diagnostic testing, including services in Imaging
and Cardiopulmonary. Again, if the surgeon or the referring provider feels
the case is necessary to proceed, we will continue to schedule and perform the case.
Outpatient offices will continue to schedule and treat patients in the
office as deemed necessary by the provider. All other visits (including well visits), will be postponed and rescheduled
until further notice. Again, if the provider feels the patient should
be seen in the office, we will continue to schedule and treat the patient.
MHP Valet services at Main Entrance 2 and the MHP Gift Shop both closed
3/19 and will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
The café will be closed to the general public. The café will remain open for staff, patients, approved visitors,
and those patients receiving special dietary meals.
MHP is following the recommendations of the Indiana State Department of
Health (ISDH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as we establish
our practices in identifying, diagnosing and caring for these potential
patients. This is very much an evolving situation, hence the need to rely
heavily on direction from the ISDH. For more information and updates on
COVID-19, we encourage you to visit
www.in.gov/isdh or the MHP website at
www.myMHP.org. These sites will provide you with reliable, up-to-date, valid information.
To help protect yourself and others, MHP recommends the following:
- If you have flu-like symptoms, wear a mask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially
after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose,
coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand
sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water
if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (such as cell
phones, keyboards, and door knobs) using a regular household cleaning
spray or wipe.
- Eat healthy and get good sleep.